We invite you to submit abstracts for The 84th Annual Meeting of The Israel Chemical Society.
|Abstract Submission Deadline: November 18, 2018
Submission for all presentation types: keynote presentations, invited talks, contributed oral presentations, flash poster talks, and poster presentations
Extended Poster Submission Deadline: December 31, 2018
Note: abstract submission for poster presentations only
(abstracts for flash poster talks can only be submitted until November 24)
Abstract Submission Information
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, via the on-line Abstracts Submission Form link.
- Abstracts may be contributed for oral, flash poster talks or poster presentations.
- Notifications to presenting authors will be sent by December 12, 2018.
- Registration of the presenting author is mandatory and required by December 24, 2018. This will ensure the inclusion of the presentation in the program.
- Publication of Abstracts: The ICS84 Meeting program and abstracts of confirmed presentations will be published online on this website. Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to such publication.
- Poster awards will be given to the four best posters.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Before you start the abstract submission process, please read and prepare all necessary information detailed below.
The on-line Abstract Submission Form includes the following parts:
Part 1: Presenting author’s contact details
Use full first name and full last name.
Part 2: Author(s)
- By default, the name of the presenting author will automatically appear as the first author, but the order may be changed as you insert additional names.
- Insert the names of the additional authors in the order that they should appear. You will be able to change the order, if needed.
- Use full first name and last name of all authors.
Part 3: Affiliation/s (Institution/s)
- Insert name of institution, department, city (state, if relevant) and country. After each institution you have listed, check the box/es of author/s associated with that institution.
- Make a separate entry for each institution. Do not repeat identical institution details if they apply to more than one author.
- Please use Upper and lower case (avoid ALL CAPS).
- Do not abbreviate “Department”, “Institute”, “University”, etc.
- In the department field, type in “Department of…….”, as only the words you type in will show on the abstract.
Part 4a: Presentation Type
- Oral Presentation (the number of slots is limited and only a few contributions will be confirmed)
- Flash Poster Talk (5 minute talk in a session in addition to poster presentation)
- Poster Presentation
- Invited Speaker (to be selected only by those who were invited by the session organizers)
Part 4b: Topic
Please select from the list below, the session topic that describes best your presentation.
01 Organic Chemistry
02 Organometallic Chemistry
03 Inorganic Chemistry
05 Supramolecular and Macromolecular Chemistry
06 Nanoscience & Colloidal Chemistry
07 Advanced Materials and Devices
08 Chemical Biology & Medicinal Chemistry
09 Biological Macromolecules
10 Biophysics & Soft Matter
11 Spectroscopy & Light-Matter Interactions
12 Molecular Reaction Dynamics
13 Theoretical Chemistry
14 Agricultural and Food Chemistry
15 Industrial Chemistry
16 Chemical Education
Part 5a: Abstract Title – limited to 25 words, in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Part 5b: Abstract Body
- Limited to 300 words including references (fewer if an image/table is included).
- Abbreviations must be defined upon first use and avoided in the title.
- Images and tables may be uploaded in JPG, GIF, or PNG format. Please note that each image equals to approx. 35 words. Images should be of up to 500 kb.
- Copy & paste your abstract into the abstract area or type it in directly.
Part 6: Preview
Important: Proofread your abstract and insert/format special characters that may have been corrupted in the copy & paste process. You can navigate to previous pages by using the Back button on your browser. After proofreading the abstract, click “SUBMIT”.
Part 7: End Message
After you click SUBMIT an automatic “End Message” will indicate that the abstract was successfully submitted.
E-mail Acknowledgement & Abstract Number
Shortly after submitting your abstract, you will receive by e-mail an automatic submission acknowledgement with your abstract number. It will also include a link to access your abstract, should you need to revise it.
The abstract submission system is designed to run on many internet browsers, but we recommend that you use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
Contact for Abstract Submission Issues
Diesenhaus-Unitours Incoming Tourism Ltd.
Tel: +972-3-5651324, +972-3-5651313